Colts Neck Dance & Performing Arts Academy
Competition Auditions First Week of May ∙ Sign up at Front Desk
COMPETITION AUDITION SCHEDULE
Please sign up at the front desk if you haven’t done so already.
Complete the attached form and bring it with you to your audition.
If you need further information please see the front desk.
- May 4th Wednesday 4:30pm – 6:00pm Dancers age 8 years of age by October 1, 2016 Present Mini and Petite Dancers 4:30pm-5:00pm Ballet, 5:00pm-5:30pm Jazz, 5:30pm-6:00pm Tap
- May 4th Wednesday 7:00pm – 9:00pm Dancers age 14 years of age by Oct. 1, 2016 Present Senior & Teen Company Dancers 7:00pm – 7:30pm Ballet, 7:30pm – 8:00pm Tap, 8:00pm – 8:30pm Contemporary, 8:30pm – 9:00pm Acrobatics (exceptions)
- May 6th Friday 4:15pm – 6:15pm Dancers age 9-10 years of age by Oct. 1, 2016 Present Youth & Pre-Junior Company Dancers 4:15pm – 4:45pm Ballet, 4:45pm – 5:15pm Jazz, 5:15pm – 5:45pm Tap, 5:45pm – 6:15pm Acrobatics (exception)
- May 6th Friday 6:15pm – 8:45pm Dancers age 11-13 years of age by Oct. 1, 2016 Present Pre-Teen & Junior Company Dancers 6:15pm – 6:45pm Acrobatics (exception), 6:45pm – 7:15pm Ballet, 7:15pm – 7:45pm Jazz, 7:45pm – 8:15pm Lyrical, 8:15pm – 8:45 Tap
Dancers Age 6 years of age by October 1, 2016 Dancers to be auditioned in class the first week in May with Miss Licia.
IMPORTANT TO BE THE AGE SPECIFIEDABOVE BY THE DATE OF OCTOBER 1, 2016
PLEASE SIGN UP AT THE FRONT DESK, COMPLETE THE AUDITION FORM AND BRING IT WITH YOU.
GOOD LUCK DANCERS!
Please see audition times below for each grouping. Students are to arrive
15 minutes early to warm up. *Your dancer may be asked to stay later to be seen with another level or group of dancers. We are looking for a neat appearance from all dancers. Attire: a black leotard, tan tights, black shorts okay, with hair in a bun with a net. All dancers must be prepared with ballet, tap and jazz shoes.
Summer & Fall Requirements
- Mini: Summer Combination Class of Ballet, Tap, Jazz (1.5 hrs. per week, 1 day a week) Fall Combination Class of Ballet, Tap, Jazz (1.5 hrs. per week, 1 day a week)
- Petite: Summer Combination Class of Ballet, Tap, Jazz (1.5 hrs. per week, 1 day a week) Fall Combination Class of Ballet, Tap, Jazz (1.5 hrs. per week, 1 day a week)
- Youth: Summer Ballet Class(1) Combination Tap, Jazz Class with strongly recommended Lyrical class (3/4 hrs. per week, 2 days a week) Fall Ballet Class(1) Combination Tap, Jazz Class with strongly recommended Lyrical class (3/4 hrs. per week, 2 days a week)
- Choreography week August 15-19 2016
- All Mini, Petite, Youth Company Members: Saturday rehearsals, once per month (2 hour rehearsal)
- Dancers will compete in two routines each
All above information outlines the required classes and time commitment for all of our CND Company dancers. Both summer classes and Choreography Week are a 100% attendance requirement. Please consider this when placing your dancer in the audition.
Dear Academy Student and Parent,
We are looking for students who “stand out” to represent Colts Neck Dance & Performing Arts Academy for the 2013-2014 Competition Season. These students would then be hand-picked and placed within their appropriate competition company. The audition process is expected to be competitive and challenging for all dancers.
We ask that everyone smile with confidence and perform their best. A competition dancer works to achieve these attributes. We look for students eager to learn these challenging goals throughout the audition process and throughout competition season.
1. The dancer can spot and complete a clean single pirouette, high Demi- Pointe,
abdominal control, a good turner.
2. Quick timing and synchronization for Advanced tap ability, clean sounding feet.
3. Memorization and retention for difficult advanced choreography.
4. Overall body strength straight back and strong abdominals.
5. Strong port de bra, clean arms, stays strong with floor work and can achieve
6. Advanced flexibility and control with attitude, battements, splits, leaps and jumps.
7. Attendance injury/ illness/ activities/commitment.
8. Dancers’ attitude towards – being on time, attire, prepared, warming up, across the
floor, overall manner as a student, eager to learn and please.
9. Approach towards performance at previous competitions and at the audition,
confidence, outgoing, enjoys the challenge.
10. Energy, putting forth a lot of effort. Attention to teacher.
*Keep in mind those newly chosen to competition will be encouraged to work
harder and longer hours towards fitting in with the company and their level of
ability. Your dancer may be asked to stay and dance further with the existing
Thank you for your interest and support in the competition company. It is a wonderful opportunity for your child with a year full of education, fun and excitement!
The Academy Staff